Every Children’s Centre is intended to make life better for parents and children under five-years-old. Children’s Centres offer the following services:
- family support and information, including parenting workshops and drop-in groups
- health services and advice including support before and after the birth of a baby
- access to specialist services, for example, speech and language therapy, midwifery support etc
- home visiting to isolated families
- activities for children, mothers,fathers and carers
- learning opportunities for parents and advice on employment
- childminding support groups
- information and advice including benefit information
- children with additional needs support groups
Children’s centres are open 9 am to 5 pm, 48 weeks of the year. Centres that offer childcare may open for longer.
Barnet is split into three localities, with activities provided across a range of Children's Centres.
The latest activity timetables are available:
You can find details of all Children's Centres in Barnet on the Barnet website.