Organisation or Service
Description of activity
The community paediatric service is a team of doctors who provide assessments for children where there are concerns about their development. We offer assessments to children presenting with developmental delay or impairment, including conditions such as:
- global developmental delay or learning disability
- autistic spectrum disorder
- cerebral palsy
- complex conditions of neurodisability (including syndromes, neuromuscular, neurometabolic and neurogenetic conditions).
Contact us on 020 7794 0500 followed by the following extension:
Deputy office manager and medical secretary: x26457 or x26382
Audiology secretary and appointments: x82398 (DD: 020 3758 2398)
Office manager: x26217
Clinic coordinator: x82420 (DD: 020 3758 2420)
Medical and SEN secretary: x26272 (020 3758 2420)
We see the following children:
• Children up to the age of seven years old, where there is concern about their neuro-developmental progress.
• Older children with conditions of complex disability.
• Older children who present with unexplained learning disability (we will exclude medical causes of learning disability but we are not able to provide detailed cognitive assessments; this would be the remit of an education psychologist).
• Children who require a medical assessment as part of their education, health and care needs assessment.