published on 26 May 2020
Transition Top Tips for Autistic Pupils in Primary Schools
As we start to think about planning for transition back to school, we have put together a selection of Transition Top Tips to assist Autistic pupils at this time.
For some children we may be thinking about September, for others they may start back during the summer term. Regardless of when they start back each autistic child/YP will need a flexible individualised approach developed with parents and pupils to ease this transition as smoothly as possible.
Here you will find some top tips and resources for staff to support in planning for transition back to school for autistic children/YP.
- Transition Top Tips Introduction
- Social Partners: Top Tips for transition back to school
- Language Partners: Top Tips for transition back to school
- Conversational Partners: Top Tips for transition back to school
- About my feelings
- Back to school map of considerations
- Covid-19 One page passport
- My lockdown experience
- School Soon
- Transitioning back to school
- Wash Hands
Please contact your allocated Autism Advisory Teacher if you would like more support with this.
Secondary Transition pupils will be supported by the Virtual Secondary Transition Programme. More details to follow.
Back to News Articles