We all need support sometimes and as well as people in your life, there are lots of other sources of support.
When you come into care, it can feel as if lots of people who hardly know you are choosing where you live, who you see, what you do at school and lots of other things.
- they must make sure that they find out what you think and feel about the choices they make
- they must make those choices in your best interest
- they must really believe they're doing what's best for you
If you feel that nobody's listening to you, the National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS) can help.
You can visit nyas.net or call their helpline on 0808 808 1001.
Looking After Yourself
- Young Minds - Charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people
- Become - Working to improve the everyday lives and future life chances of young people who are unable to live with their birth families. They even provide life coaching for young people aged 16 -25 years
- Kooth - An online counselling and emotional wellbeing service for children and young people, available free at the point of access
- MOMO - MOMO is a participation tool for young people who use health, care and education services. MOMO enables young people to have their voices heard and to participate in decisions about their life.