A free conference for Barnet parents, carers and professionals that has been jointly organised by education, health, social care and representatives of the Barnet SEND parent community.
The conference has been developed to ensure the Barnet community has an opportunity to gain greater awareness of SEND developments, structures and services in Barnet from key professionals and senior leaders across education, health and social care. There will also be time to visit stalls and speak to other parents and professionals in the room.
This year our Keynote Speaker is Barry Carpenter, CBE, OBE, PhD, who in a career spanning 30 years has held a variety of leadership positions in schools and local authorities. He is honorary professor of universities in the UK and abroad. He was appointed by the Secretary of State as the Director of the DFE Complex Learning Difficulties Research Project and is currently Professor of Mental Health in Education at Oxford Brookes University. Barry also brings his perspective as a father to his child with special educational needs. Barry will share his extensive knowledge and expertise in his keynote speech entitled ‘Engaging Learners with Complex Needs; the 21st Century Challenge.’
The conference aims to:
• provide an update on the developments from education, health and social care, since the last conference in April 2017 with regards to meeting the needs of children and young people (0-25) with SEND in Barnet.
• offer a question and answer panel to provide an opportunity for parents / carers and professionals to pose questions and hear responses from senior professionals across Barnet SEND services
• provide further insight into Barnet’s Local Offer and how this can be accessed and utilised by both parents / carers and professionals
• hear from Barnet’s Parent / Carer Forum (BPCF) about their role and work they are currently undertaking
• offer an opportunity for a range of services and voluntary organisations to ‘run’ information stalls at the conference for parents and professionals to visit during breaks to gain further information
Is there a cost for this service?
Files and Documents and Images
- File Attachment (Adobe Portable Document Format, 618 KB)