published on 24 June 2020
What is the competition about?
We launched our ‘It’s Okay to be Different’ competition at our SENCO Conference in February. The competition is an opportunity to celebrate difference and is open to our schools and children & young people in Barnet.
What do I need to do?
Over the summer holidays, we’d like you to create something based on the theme of ‘It’s Okay to be Different’.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Create additional pages to the story ‘It’s Okay to be Different’ by Todd Parr
- Learn to Makaton a song and record yourself doing it
- Make a collage of lots of different faces, hand prints or foot prints
- Draw a picture
- Make a collage using lots of different materials, images or words
- Write a song
- Make a PowerPoint
- Make a film – ‘It’s Okay to …’
- Write a poem
- Write a letter
- Use art to create something colourful like a painting, papier-mache or play dough!
- You can simply complete our activity sheet ‘It’s Okay to be Me!’
Acitvity Sheet: It's Okay to Be Different
How do I enter?
- Send a copy and/or photo of your final piece of work to Samantha.Rothwell@barnet.gov.uk by the closing date
- Please call the subject of your email ‘It’s Okay to be Different’
Closing date: 11th September 2020
What is the prize?
The winner will receive a prize a £50 Amazon voucher for their school!
2nd and 3rd prizes are £25 Amazon vouchers.
Prizes will be given at the next SENCO conference in the Autumn term 2020
We look forward to receiving your entries!
Back to News Articles